Silca Paving System
Choose SilcaSystem®, the smart way to redesign your Backyard!
When building their hives, honeybees rely on a Hexagonal Pattern for strength and integrity. Silca System® mirrored this natural hexagon pattern in the creation of Silca Grate. “But, why?” you ask. Simple: the hexagon design creates a super-strong substructure capable of sustaining heavy deck materials, such as brick, travertine, slate, granite, marble, and natural stone, None of which Rot, Stain, Split, or Fade like a regular wood deck does. Allowing for a simple deck that Requires little to no maintenance.
Completed Paving Deck
So why Use SilcaSystem®; It’s perfect if you want a Beautiful unique Deck that Looks great while also being super low maintenance. It will look great for a long time with much less work than a wood deck. It’s even a great conversation starter. You could even DIY if you are savvy enough. It’s simple to install, look at the install tips to see just how simple.
Quick Install Tips:
- Determine finished floor elevation height.
- Determine the thickness of the bricks or pavers being used in the project.
- Build your substructure with floor joists at 400mm centres.
- RECOMMENDATION: Deck construction should be in compliance with local codes.
- Screw down the Silca Grate. We recommend that you stagger the Silca Grate joints. (i.e. start with full Silca Grate then on next joist start with a half Silca Grate). Use six 65mm to 75mm #9 rustless deck screws per Silca Grate(Test screws for a firm fit. Do not over tighten).
- Install Geotextile blanket (If you are using Polymeric sand between the joints of the Bricks or Pavers).
- Install your choice of paving according to your local paving codes.
There are many uses for SilcaSystem®
- Around pools
- New and renovation
- Elevated and ground applications
- Commercial and Civil Applications