KlevaKlip Adjustable Decking Joist Supports
The Adjustable Joist Support has been designed specifically to enable decks to easily be built over concrete slabs in areas where limited ground clearance is available. It is ideal for use when the step-down from your door to your concrete slab is between 100mm / 4 inches (minimum) and around 260mm /10 inches (maximum).
The AJH45G has been specifically designed to be used with 45mm wide treated pine timber joists.
The product contains joist supports and base plates.(see photo below) Bolts, nuts, washers etc. are purchased separately from your hardware store/merchant depending on what height you want to achieve.
AJH45G – Each Adjustable Joist Support ( joist holder + base plate) requires 2 x M10 Hex Head Bolts, 4 x M10 Nuts & 2 X M10 washers, 1 x 12mm x 50mm Galvanised 12mm dynabolt or x 10mm x 50mm masonry bolt or similar.
AJH38G – Each Adjustable Joist Support ( joist holder + base plate) requires 2 x 3/8 inch Hex Head Bolts, 4 x 3/8 inch Nuts & 2 X 3/8 inch washers, 1 x 1/2 inch Galvanised screw anchor or similar.
Advantages of the Adjustable Joist Support
- Keeps Your Joists Off The Concrete And Free Of Unwanted Moisture Ingress. This Prevents Joist-Rot Through The Bottom Of Your Joists.
- Is Ideal For Use On Area Where The Concrete Has Built In “Fall” – To Provide A Level Deck.
- Quick and easy to use – purpose-built for the application
- Gives a neat, professional look across your deck structure without resorting to various different packers and brackets to achieve your end result
- Uses standard M10 10mm hex head bolts, Nuts and Washers and 12mm dynabolts or 10mm masonry bolts “off the shelf” from your hardware Store/Merchant (USA version uses standard 3/8 inch bolts nuts washers and 1/2 inch Galvanised screw anchor or similar.
Span requirements for base- plate positioning for AJH45G (Aus/NZ)
All based upon “continuous span” with joists at 450mm between centre’s.
|Joist Size||Recommended Span (mm)||Maximum Span (mm)|
|70 x 45 MGP10||800||1200|
|90 x 45 MGP10||1000||1500|
|90 x 45 MGP12||1200||1600|
* Joist span limited by lateral loading on bolts
What Length M10 Hex Head Bolts do you require for AJH45G?
Note: All measurements based on using Galvanised Zenith brand M10 hex head long-threaded bolts.
|Hex Head Bolt Length||Min Height to Bottom of Joist||Max Height to Bottom of Joist||Min Height to Top of 70/90mm Joist||Max Height to Top of 70/90/140mm Joist|
|60mm||16mm||20mm||86 / 106mm||90 / 110mm|
|120mm||18mm*||80mm||88 / 108mm*||150 /170/ 220mm|
|**No Bolt||6mm||76 / 96mm|
* If using long bolts at low heights, to prevent the bolts protruding past the top of joist, the end of the bolt will need to be cut off.
** When Using Joist Support Only.